Professional photography requires skill, attention, creativity and concentration. A photographer might usually find it difficult to hold the cable trigger of a flashgun and then set the right frame as well. The ease the problem of mobility, a wireless flash trigger is the best replacement.
Here is a list of top 6 wireless flash triggers for Canon and Nikon cameras.
Neewer Wireless Studio Flash can control the flash of the hot shoe flashgun discreetly and synchronously along with your camera shot. It has an easy installation procedure and even consumes less power. The impressive sync speed is 1/200 second.
This wireless flash-trigger is compatible with Nikon, Canon and Sony cameras. The maximum working distance with the flash is 30 meters in an open area without any interference. Moreover, to avoid interference, it has 16 channels; an operating switch; and also an LED to signal triggering.
1. It has a new design than other wireless flash triggers, where the channel selector is outside transmitter and receiver.
2. Can work on any camera that has a hotshoe.
3. The unit has 1 trigger and 3 receivers.
1. The unit does not come with a battery.
2. Not TTL compatible.
3. One has to set the flash levels manually on the mono lights.
2. Cowboy Studio NPT-04 4 Channel Trigger (Wireless) For External Speedlights With 1 Trigger and 2 Receivers
Cowboy Studio 4 Channel Wireless Trigger unit comes with a pack of 1 NPT-04 Trigger; 2 NPT-04 Receivers; and a 1/4″ screw-mount on each receiver. The unit has 4 channels in order to avoid any kind of interference; an operating switch; and a LED to display triggering. The maximum working distance is 30 meters in an open area, without any interference.
This particular trigger is compatible with Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sigma, Sunpak, and other models with voltage of trigger of 12V or less. It operates on a frequency of 433 MHz and the highest responding time is up to 1/320 seconds. The user does have to worry as the trigger life is up to 20,000 times.
1. Works on any camera with a hotshoe.
2. Can use 2 flashes at the same time, provided it is connected to the same channel.
3. The unit has an extra PC sync port.
1. No TTL support.
2. Have to adjust flash manually.
3. Receivers use AAA batteries.
Altura Photo-Professional Flash Kit unit consists of 1 Altura Photo I-TTL autofocus flash; wirefree camera flash trigger; camera remote-control function (1 transmitter and 1 receiver); cable M-cord for the remote control, hard flash-diffuser, protective pouch, and a cleaning cloth. It has everything an advanced photographer generally require. The flash trigger set has the feature to function both off wire-less camera trigger and camera flash capabilities up to 100ft.
This wireless trigger from Altura is compatible with Nikon DSLR cameras. It has a large back-lit and exciting LCD display and syncs with the camera to zoom, show aperture and ISO settings. The impressive thing about this wireless flash is that it has a super fast 4 seconds recycling time.
1. 180 degrees swivel, bounce and zoom head.
2. The kit has a flash-stand with tripod mount in the kit.
3. Works perfectly fine both on manual and automatic mode.
1. Not compatible with any other DSLR cameras.
Yongnuo Wireless Flash Controller and Trigger consist of 1 YN-622C-TX and 2 RX E-TTL YN-622C LCD. The distance it covers is up to 100 meters with 6 channels. It has a max sync speed which reaches up to 1/8000s.
The wireless flash trigger is compatible with Canon EOS DSLR cameras. It can support TTL ratio and has a USB Firmware upgrade. Customers love the AF Assist Beam Emitter.
1. It has 3 groups (A/B/C) and 3 sync modes (1st curtain, 2nd curtain and High Speed Sync)
2. Shutter release interface is 2.5MM
3. LCD Screen display
1. Not compatible with other DSLR cameras.
Altura Photo Flash Trigger (Wireless) kit includes 1 transmitter and 2 receivers. It has a multipurpose trigger that allows to wirelessly trigger the camera or the flash. The operating distance is up to 30 meters.
This wireless trigger is compatible with Canon DSLR cameras. It has a 16 channel transmitter and the max sync speed is 1/150th second. Along with the receiver, the kit has a 1/4″ tripod thread for connecting the flash to a light stand or any device with a 1/4″ mounting screw.
1. Works of 433 MHz frequency.
2. Has a multipurpose trigger.
3. Long lasting battery life
1. Not compatible with other DSLR cameras
2. No TTL support
3. Can’t use both camera and trigger at the same time with the remote.
Neewer 16 Channels Wireless Radio Trigger Set kit includes 1 transmitter and 3 receivers; and a convert adapter. The flash trigger transmitter works on 433MHz which secures fast response and stable transmission. The transmission distance is up to 30 meters with no limits to direction or angles.
This wireless trigger is compatible with Nikon, Pentax, Canon, Olympus and Panasonic DSLR cameras. The receiver has an operating switch and a great LED to display triggering. It has an energy saving design with works with AA batteries.
1. Has an umbrella input holder to connect with a soft umbrella.
2. The max sync speed is of 1/250th second.
3. The trigger can fire more than 1 flash
1. The kit does not include soft umbrella, hot shoe base mount, and batteries.
2. Indoors operating distance is up to 20 meters.
3. Does not support high speed sync speed.
To conclude, the products range from price to technical features. Though the low cost wireless triggers are mostly preferred by photographers, they can even be used as spares in case someone is not sure of the brand. The above mentioned products are preferred by professional photographers all over the world and it is also a good idea to buy a kit that has extra receivers. All the products have an operating range of 100 meters which is a standard distance. We would recommend you to buy the wireless triggers, keeping in mind about the camera model and your requirements.
Now go on and choose one.